The default voice in your Waze app can read out instructions and alerts. You can change Waze’s voice easily if you don’t like it.
Even if you like it but just want to try something different, it’s very simple to do. In this article, we’ll guide you on how to change voices on Waze.
Moving on, you should take into account that you won’t be able to hear a sample of the voice when browsing the many possibilities.
After you set it up and start utilizing the app for navigation, you’ll hear what it sounds like.
With that in consideration, here’s how to change voices on Waze on your iPhone or Android smartphone. Keep reading the article to know all about it.
How to change Voices on Waze?
To modify the voice that picks out your directions in the app, follow these simple steps:
- On your concerned iPhone or Android smartphone, open the Waze app. Then, select the “Search” option in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Go to the top-left corner; you will see the gear icon there; click it.
- Now, go to the “Voice and Sound” option and select it.
- Under “Voice Directions,” tap the selection right away. It’ll be adjusted to “Waze voice English (US) (Jane).” This is done by default.
- Now, you can choose a different voice for your directions to be read out in.
So, that’s all you need to know about how to change voices on Waze.
How to create your Waze voices?
Moving forward, you will also notice the option to create your directions in the app. The procedure is easy to follow and can even be enjoyable.
You can make up your phrases and share them with your pals. But, make sure to talk properly and correctly to make the most of this option.
Follow these easy steps to create your Waze voices:
- First of all, open the Waze app.
- Then, select the gear-shaped settings icon.
- Select Waze voice from the “Voice and Sound” menu.
- Now, go to the “Record new voice” option at the top of the screen.
- Waze advises you to make a clean recording of your voice so that you can interpret yourself while driving. Select “OK” or “Allow” to move forward.
- At the top of the Waze app window, select “Name your voice.” To save the new digital creation, type your name or a slogan, then click “Done.”
- Choose each word for which you’d like a specific voice command to be recorded. Tap on the red dot to start the recording. Select the red dot once again when the window appears.
- Say the appropriate words. Select the gray square after you’re finished. Once you’re happy with the recording, save it.
- Lastly, save all the recordings by clicking on the “Save” option. This is done after you’ve finished recording all of the voices.
- To go back to the map, select the “X” in the upper-right corner.
That’s all! You have done it. Isn’t it simple!
So now we know everything you need to know about how to change voices on Waze. When it comes to navigation apps, it is best to use the Waze app.
It safely directs you from one point to another. On the other hand, it also offers several route options to avoid toll roads and traffic.