Bugatti is one of the most iconic car brands in the world and one that’s synonymous with speed and power. After all, these cars are built by the manufacturer of the world’s fastest production car to date.
The Veyron 16.4 Super Sport has an electronically limited top speed of 254 miles per hour (410 kilometers per hour).
But not all Bugattis are created equal regarding speed, and their fastest models are often sold with pretty hefty price tags. Here’s our list of the fastest Bugatti cars ever made.
1. Mclaren Speedtail: 250 mph
An ultimate interpretation of a hypercar, the MCLAREN SPEEDTAIL is finally being unveiled to automotive enthusiasts.
For those with a taste for speed, you will not be disappointed by this eye-catching, finely-crafted work of art. Capable of reaching speeds up to 250 mph and going from 0-62 in less than 2.4 seconds, this car will easily maintain its place as one of the fastest Bugatti cars on the market.
If you’re ready to get behind the wheel, get started at your nearest MCLAREN dealership and prepare to take on the road like never before!
McLaren Speedtail specifications are an impressive list of numbers. While these figures might seem daunting, they don’t show the true beauty and brilliance of what it means to drive a McLaren Speedtail.
It has an interior design focused on maximizing airflow while minimizing weight. You’ll immerse yourself in a truly one-of-a-kind experience that offers maximum efficiency and minimum fuss.
Other notable features include:
- Laser headlights enhance visibility while maintaining an elegant style that suits any setting or occasion.
- Five driving modes are designed to suit any driving preference.
- Adaptive dampers are designed for handling both high speeds and low-speed corners alike.
- Front air intakes are styled like shark gills for improved cooling and aerodynamics.
- Rear spoiler that adjusts automatically depending on speed…
2. Bugatti Veyron: 253.8 mph
Though it may seem expensive, luxurious, and way out of most people’s reach. Nonetheless, it is still a dream car to many that have never had the opportunity to own one.
The vehicle can go up to 253 miles per hour (mph) while boasting its powerful V-8 engine and innovative aerodynamics.
It is built from a custom steel frame and features an aluminum body with four unique exhaust pipes positioned in front. It surely has earned its name: The Beast.
Although this car is no longer on sale due to production ending in 2012, there are still some Veyron’s on the road if you know where to look. Its specifications include:
- 8 liter W16 quad-turbocharged engine with 1001 horsepower
- 2 seats
- convertible top speed at 254 mph, wheelbase at 98 inches long
- weighting 4208 pounds.
- It is hard to believe that these cars were made in 2001 but not until after five years of research and development they released their first model. That first model was a 2004 Veyron EB 16.4 Grand Sport limited to 150 models.
3. SSC Ultimate Aero: 256 mph
The SSC Ultimate Aero is one of the world’s fastest Bugatti cars. Despite its lack of a combustion engine, this car can reach a top speed of over 256 miles per hour.
The car uses a twin-turbocharged V8 which produces 1200 horsepower and a spine-tingling amount of torque.
This powerplant enables the Ultimate Aero to go from 0 to 60 mph in less than 2 seconds. It makes it one of the fastest Bugatti cars on earth. *Yes, it’s fast.*
Its specifications include:
- 12 cylinders
- 6200 cc displacement
- 4 turbochargers (doubled)
- 8000 rpm max RPMs
- 1120 hp at the flywheel with 887 ft/lbs of torque at 2000 rpm
- Weight distribution 48% front 52% rear
- Wheelbase 111 inches; width 78 inches; height 45 inches
- Wheel size 18×11 inch.
- It also has a titanium exhaust system
- An active aerodynamic system significantly reduces drag while improving stability and handling when cornering at high speeds.
4. Koenigsegg Agera R: 260 mph
Made by Koenigsegg, the AGERA R is an unbelievable speed machine that was specially designed to compete in global racing events like Le Mans.
The design and technology used in this car are simply unmatched. And, if you’re thinking about trying it out on a racetrack, know that it has an incredible 260 miles per hour top speed with a mighty 1360 horsepower engine. That’s enough to leave any competition stuck at the starting line!
Its specifications include:
- 5.0-liter bi-turbocharged petrol engine
- V8 twin-turbocharged petrol engine with variable geometry turbochargers (VGT)
- Variable camshaft timing (VCT)
- Double overhead camshafts (DOHC)
- Dry sump lubrication.
- It also has a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox or ‘DSG’.
Let’s get into more details now! Owing to its top speed of 260 mph, the KOENIGSEGG AGERA R was rated as one of the world’s fastest Bugatti cars in 2010 when it made its debut. It still holds onto that title today.
5. Bugatti Chiron: 261 mph
With a top speed of 261 mph, it is hard to find anything on the road that can outpace the BUGATTI CHIRON. It can accelerate from 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds and hit a peak speed between 18 and 19 seconds.
In addition, this vehicle has an 8-liter W16 engine with four turbochargers. This creates 1,479 horsepower and 1,600 pound-feet of torque.
Considering this vehicle’s performance stats and its award-winning design, it is hard to deny that the BUGATTI CHIRON remains among the best and fastest Bugatti cars ever made.
Its specifications include:
- 4 seats
- A top speed of up to 198 miles per hour
- A powerful 4.0L V8 engine
- The power output of over 450 hp.
This vehicle not only packs some punch, but it also looks great while doing so. I’m just unsure how much all those extra horses will cost me down the line!
6. Bugatti Veyron Super Sport: 268 mph
Built-in 2005, this is currently one of the fastest Bugatti cars. It’s capable of going 268 mph and has a top speed with its limiter on.
The Veyrons are designed so that they use less energy per mile than it takes to walk. Also, passive cooling systems will last up to seven times longer than other cars in heavy traffic.
Its specification includes:
- 8-liter W16 engine
- 1,200 horsepower(750 kW)
- Torque of 1,500 Nm (1,100 lbf·ft).
- The weight-to-power ratio is 6.7 kg/kW
- Only 3% of the total weight is made from steel.
- Reinforced aluminum makes up 50% of the total weight
- Carbon fiber 25%
- Plastics 20%.
7. Hennessey Venom GT: 270 mph
For years, the Hennessey Venom GT was believed to be one of the fastest Bugatti cars. As recently as 2013, its website advertised a 270 mph top speed.
It’s unclear if that figure has been amended or not. Regardless, in one independent test run by Car and Driver magazine in 2014, the Hennessey topped out at 277 mph!
What makes this Texan car maker so fast? The answer is found by looking back at its owner John Hennessey’s roots in drag racing. Its specification includes:
- 7.0L LS7 V8 engine generating 1200 horsepower
- 690 Nm of torque
- 0 to 60mph time of 2.4 seconds
- It also has an official MSRP price tag of $1,200,000 USD
8. SSC Tuatara: 295 mph
Designed to be a street-legal supercar, the Bugatti Tuatara has a top speed of 295 miles per hour and a three-year production run.
What’s more, it’s one of the fastest Bugatti cars on this list, going from 0 to 60 mph in 2.3 seconds.
With an updated, turbocharged engine and race car suspension, all vehicles come with titanium calipers weighing about 60 kg (or 130 pounds) apiece for maximum braking performance and titanium bolts to shave weight wherever possible.
All available colors are matte black or white and covered with a thick layer of carbon fiber to add extra strength and keep weight down.
9. Bugatti Chiron Super Sport 300+: 304 mph
Some call it a powerhouse. Some call it ridiculous. The Chiron Super Sport 300+ tops at 304 mph and has the highest top speed on this list of fastest Bugatti cars.
This insanely expensive car is worth .8 million and can reach that number in just 13 seconds with its 1,500 horsepower engine.
It also has 30 miles more range than the original model and promises to accelerate from 0-60 mph in less than 2 seconds.
Its specification includes one of the fastest accelerating speeds at just over 10 seconds, a max speed of 261mph, 923 lb-ft torque, and 8 liters of displacement.
10. Hennessey Venom F5: 311 mph
Getting up to speed on cars is a tough task. Fortunately, some companies are doing it better than others. Bugatti is one such company, with their latest offering boasting 311 miles per hour.
If you don’t want to click on that hyperlink, all you need to know is that it’s twice as fast as the fastest car in existence at this time, not just by a small margin.
In fact, the Hennessey Venom F5’s top speed comes in at 311 miles per hour. This makes it over twice as fast as the latest Koenigsegg from Sweden (217 mph). The only problem? You can’t buy one yet!
Hennessey Venom F5 specification includes:
- Acceleration 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 2.4 seconds
- Power 1,600 hp @ 7400 rpm
- Curb weight 3200 kg (7232 lb)
- Horsepower-to-weight ratio 887 hp/tonne
- Torque 1,844 ft lbs @ 4200 rpm; top speed 311 mph.
- And there’s also this part about safety. Thanks to airbags and ballistic nylon seat covers, occupants should be able to walk away unharmed after an accident, even if they’re driving at their vehicle’s top speeds. Now isn’t that reassuring?
11. Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut: 330 mph
Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut top speed is rated at 330 mph. The company achieved a world record by beating the previous record with this car in 2019.
It features a wide, aerodynamic body, a retractable rear wing, and a 4-in-1 exhaust system.
Koenigsegg’s first use of their Light Carbon Fibre Technique, developed in partnership with Columbia Helicopters and Imperial College London, appears on this vehicle for protection and weight reduction by 50%.
Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut specifications include:
- Body material: carbon fiber
- Length: 194 inches
- Width: 84 inches
- Height: 46 inches
- Weight: 3,472 pounds.
- Koenigsegg Jesko ix was introduced as the latest and fastest model in 2020.
- Powered by a twin-turbocharged 5.0L V8 engine capable of 1,000 hp (736 kW) with 740 lb·ft (1,000 N·m) torque, it has been declared to be one of the most technically advanced cars ever built.
There are many stunning and fast cars to be found on the market, but few can hold a candle to a Bugatti.
Unrelenting in their quest for speed, endurance, and performance, these amazing vehicles have held global acclaim as one of the fastest cars ever built.
And most names might not sound familiar now. They will certainly sound like a horse’s neigh when you discover that they’re among the fastest Bugatti cars on this list.